1. It is the fall again. If you are a mother and have sent the kids off to school, fill in those in-between hours with a good read; romance, mystery, whatever. Fill the tub, get the book, a little bubbly to drink, and float away.
2. Don't let the great literary giants fade into the dark recesses of the forgotten library. Read Bronte, Melville, Woolf, Faulkner, and Fitzgerald.
3. Don't know what to do with your cliche of friends? Form a book club. Get each member to read a book and present a review. Invite a local author to attend. You would be surprised how many authors are hiding in your neighborhoods.
4. It might be a little early to plan for Christmas. But there is nothing wrong with getting a head-start. Buy books for the people on your Christmas list.
5. Retired? Adopt local kids and get them interested in books by reading to them.